Monday, September 26, 2005

Botox and gelatenous grey matter

Well it is time to get back into blogging it seems. I can't personally believe it is rapidly approaching October again, if I had tomatoe plants I would be in a fritz to cover them with burlap each night as there has been frost on my windshield already.

Good thing I don't have any. I feel as though my creative side has slept in and I cannot concentrate for more than a few minutes on any one thing; but I managed to drink 3 coffees before 9:30 I wonder if that has anything to do with it...

I read a story last night called He Who Shrank from an old collection of short stories that Isaac Asimov liked before he was a famous writer. It is really crazy, about a scientist in the 30's who invents a potion that makes you shrink infinitly small. His theory is that our world is the molecular make up of a larger world so by shrinking we will also find out that our world is made up of an infinite number of molecular worlds each with their own materials, history, civilization, technological advancements, etcetera as well as their own molecular worlds. It could drive one mad to over think this theory but I found it to be a relaxing bedtime read. The last paragraph I read went something like this:

"So I passed from this world of machines - the world that was an electron on a grain of sand that existed on a prehistoric world that was but an electron on a microscope-slide that existed on a world that was but an electron in a piece of Rehyllium-X on the Professor's laboratory table."
-Henry Hasse, 1936; Teck Publishing Corporation. Taken from Before the Golden Age Book Three collected by Isaac Asimov, 1974

Pretty deep stuff, but could be related to many stories and movies that would captivate an audience of today, problably make the top movie of the weekend or the NY Times best seller list 5 weeks running.

So for anyone out there with excessive sweating, funny lines in the forehead or eye region all we need to do is have a guy with a needle ram some Botox in and life will be easier. Think about all of the worlds you would find if only we knew where the secret fomula for the shrinking potion was - probably stuffed behind your jar of gelatenous grey matter in the food cupboard.

Happy Shrinking
-Dave

No comments: