Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The new colour?

Wow! We made the local paper, the Deccan Chronicle. I am one step closer to greatness and world domination.

How it all happened:

We spent Thursday evening at an art gallery kick off party for a family member of our company out here where Brandy, Emerson and I had our pictures taken. We thought nothing of it at the time, I think all three of us just felt cool because a bunch of photographers were taking our pictures. Well I did anyway, and I actually thought they were trying to just take pictures of Emerson as she was looking really cute in her green and yellow outfit.

A couple of days later on Saturday morning I was leaving the office when Brandy calls me to say she received calls and remarks about us in the paper. On the way home I made a point of stopping at 5 places on the Bajaj to sweep up a copy, apparantly it was not easy to find a paper here. I was really excited when I finally found a little stand with papers and got a copy! Leaving the element of surprise open I stuffed the paper into by bag and saved the first view till I arrived back at the bubble.

When I reached home I frantically started thumbing though the paper - I went all the way through to the back cover. Behold! There we were! All checking out a nice little statue at the Gallery. Awesome.

According to the headline 'Chennai gets new colour' .... the new color is white?

As one of our favorite sayings go:
Only in India.

-Nearly famous white guy giving Chennai it's new colour.

1 comment:

jarthurs said...

so you made the newspaper!

GREAT

but seeing as how this post has now been there for a while, its OLD NEWS

so come on..

post away soul-owner