Sunday, March 04, 2007

Festival of Colour

I even spelt it like a Canadian.

Holi.

What a crazy thing these Indians do; another festival based on the death of someone evil. The killing was done by a god, much different than other religions where god does not kill. Good guy kills bad and everyone rejoices.

Holi. This is the festival of colour.

We were pleasantly surprised by some friends stopping by with paint, and the celebration began. It was about an hour of throwing, smearing, rubbing, lauging, dumping, and colouring. What a blast!

After it all calmed down we took a look around at the carnage and started the clean up. I proceeded into the shower and scrubbed and soaped and cleaned and worked and thought I did a great job getting all of the paint off. I got out of the shower and BAM I was still pink! Jane popped by later in the night and totally got stumped by me at the door; she just stared with a confused look on her face...she then said what happend? Were you in the sun for too long today?

I think it is an excellent way to look on Monday morning I am only guessing how many laughes I will get at the office tomorrow.

Gage is still green like the hulk, and Meghan said she is still red as ever. Just check the pics for the before shower shots.

Just another reason to love this place!!



No comments: